Saturday, December 17, 2005

About my exams

Exam's over and just like that, all of sudden, I felt so light and free.

Anyway, I wanna blog about it. It is nothing funny. Just for the record. It is boring.

The exam is divided into 2 parts. Part 1 - Oral and Part 2 - Written. Part 1 alone is 50% of the total points and obviously, the other 50% go to Part 2, which has 6 other sub sections to test on grammar, conjugation and composition.

Now in Part 1, the oral bit, we are asked to pick randomly one news article. We are given 15 mins to read it and then another 15 mins to explain, discuss and tell the examiners our opinion. I chose my article.

The article I got was about the extinction of the primates. Expert has estimated that all the gorillas, chimpanzees and monkeys will be gone by year 2030 due to the diminishing forests, hunters and poachers. I had problem understanding and reading the article, let alone to discuss and give opinions about it, all in the F language.

Well, I don't have much choice but to just blab anything that came into my mind. With lotsa ah and err...15 mins passed. I don't understand one of the questions the examiner asked. I could have won if its not an oral exam but a competition on how many ahs and errs one can say in 15 mins. Frankly, I was so glad and relieved when the examiners changed topic and discuss bout diving and fishes. And even more gladder when they asked me "Anything else? Any question?". Quickly, I said "No. Nothing."

In Part 2, I just left half hour earlier. I figured if you can't do much, just finished up whatever you can and get out of there and then enjoy yourself.

That's about it. Results out in this coming Wednesday. One term or one level is over.

krazie*angel always don't like the hours of exam to arrive yet wish it will be over soon

No comments: