For the holiday season, American Medical Association Alliance has released a blacklist of no-nos for parents to consider as they are loading up Christmas stockings with DVDs.
The following recent films, according to the American Medical Association Alliance, contain an excessive amount of smoking:
* The Ant Bully (PG: Time Warner, animated)
* Material Girls (PG: Sony)
* Talladega Nights (PG-13: Sony)
* Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (PG-13: Disney)
* Stay Alive (PG-13: Disney)
* Superman Returns (PG-13: Time Warner)
* You, Me and Dupree (PG-13: General Electric, Universal)
"Movies deliver billions of glamorized pro-smoking messages to adolescents in this country (America)," says James Sargent, M.D., a Dartmouth Medical School professor who researches the impact on children of movies with smoking scenes.
Here, everywhere you go, you see people smoking. No need to watch movies or TV. Hmm, habis lah all the kids in this country!