Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

What does it actually mean? I like the phrase. If I inteprete it correctly, I am like that. I have hope like that now despite what I am going through or despite what I am feeling.

Is it good to have hope like that? Or just plain stupidity?

Shed some light on me, please...

From the Internet, these are what I found...

The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition, 2002 defines

Hope springs eternal

as

People always hope for the best, even in the face of adversity. This saying is from “An Essay on Man,” by Alexander Pope.


Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

~ Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man, Epistle I, 1733

krazie*angel remains hopeful always

No comments: